Volunteering is an enjoyable, educational and affordable way to explore the world and we welcome volunteers to live and learn at the beautiful 19-acre community of Kawai Purapura.
Our volunteers are our life-blood. In exchange for 18 hours work each week (six three-hour days or three six-hour days) we provide accommodation, complimentary morning yoga classes, a great environment of 40 international volunteers to share your time with, free access to our festivals, and a swimming pool, spa and sauna! The minimum length of stay is three weeks.
There’s a range of work available with the accommodation team, kitchen, retreats/events team, gardening, building and the all-important, keeping our home clean!
Have a look at our Volunteer Orientation Pack and check out Kawai Purapura Centre Map. If you’d like to book a volunteer experience at Kawai Purapura, please fill out the Application Form via the button below. We’ll get back to you quickly about whether a space is available at that time.
Please note; we enjoy a smoke, alcohol and drug free environment, and are also primarily vegetarian.
For all other inquiries, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com.
Semi Permanent Volunteer Positions
18 hours per week volunteer (in exchange for accommodation)
Wanted. Volunteer with great organizational skills and solid marketing experience. 18 VOLUNTEER HOURS PER WEEK.
We are looking for a YOGA EMPATHETIC, FESTIVAL SAVVY enthusiast to join the team.
If you LOVE Yoga, LOVE Festivals and have experience in marketing and promoting them call us now!
The International Yoga Festival , February 2019 is the single biggest event that takes place at KP. It is closely followed by Voices of the Sacred earth our festival of indigenous celebration
- Create Content
- Manage Social media channels
- Drive tactical promotions
- Be full of ideas
- Be ready to pitch in to all matters marketing
- Be good at juggling tasks and a great team player that can coordinate with our team design, admin. and marketing specialist talent
You will be based in the Festival team office
Marketing Hero wanted, we’re a fun team, we do fun stuff, and we do lots of it – so if you love yoga , love marketing , love being creative then join our team
You will assist the Marketing Manager to do general marketing services work for KP
- Manage the marketing ,promotion and publicity of events that we dream up
- Manage social media presence
- Work closely with our brilliant design team to create promotional materials, consistent with the KP brand, and make them sing
- Build proactive relationships with the team leaders of Retreat and Festivals – that means talk a lot to other people doing amazing stuff to check out how we can help
- Maintain the weekly Work in Progress (WIP) schedule
- Maintain and publish KP weekly communication schedules
- Take briefs for major pieces of work from team heads, to write them into a marketing brief and to manage brief through to implementation
- Manage budgets strictly within the parameters allowed for each campaign
- Be full of ideas
18 Hours Volunteer Role
Wanted experienced blogger and writer, or a very competent wannabe.
Must have excellent english and written word skills.
If you have worked in the media, or run your own blogs this is the role for you.
Kawai Purapura is looking for a talented and well organised writer to edit and manage supplied copy and content through various social media and blog channels.
Think of the role as being like a newspaper editor mixed with an ability to write content
If you want to join the KP dynamic marketing team and lead this critical and growing stream of work – then get in touch today
This is a very important role in our Festivals. Every year Kawai Pura Pura promotes two big Festivals; those are International Yoga Festival (at the end of February) and Voices of Sacraed Earth (end of March). The Stalls Coordinator brings that extra cherry on top of the cake. Stalls improve the festival guest experience by creating energy, colour and diversity and at the same time offer a space for presenters and local business to sell their products.
There is lots of teamwork, lots of learning with wonderful contacts to gain. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, a great communicator and has solid admin skills.
– Oversee stalls webpage regarding information for stall holder;
– Map stalls location around the property;
– Follow up on stall holder payments;
– Coordinate presenters’ stall;
– Coordinate stalls to set up and pack down (car transit in and out the property to set up and pack down);
– Control of supplies for each stall (e.g. amount of chairs, tables, cables), keep inventory that all supplied is returned.
You will work with the managers of each Festival. This is a great opportunity to interact with many different people,as you get to know their needs, priorities and preferences.
We need someone from the end of October to beginning of April 2019.
Our reception area is the face of Kawai Purapura performing an important role of welcoming guests, retreat holders and retreat guests, other volunteers and some support to residents. The role is split into three people that work as a team and are rostered across the week. It is a busy one that requires a lot of trouble-shooting and administrative tasks. You need to have a great people manner, fluent English and be computer savvy (Word, Excel, etc). We are seeking individuals who can remain calm under pressure and have an infectiously positive presence to bring to this position.
Areas of responsibility are:
- Providing general information about Yoga classes and upcoming festivals
- Handling all queries coming to reception: emails, phone calls, text messages, voicemails and face to face inquiries
- Take payments, keep track of payments and money floats
- Distribute letters and parcels
- Take room bookings, do check ins and out of retreat guests
- Manage spa and sauna bookings
- Communicate with all departments at Kawai Purapura to ensure a good information flow
- Be point of contact between the Guests and Residents and the management
You will need to be:
- A great communicator
- Have a good use of English (both spoken and written skills)
- Computer Savvy (Word, Excel, WordPress)
- Great organization skills and time management
- Flexibility and the ability to problem solve
Due to the training required, we need volunteer receptionists to stay a minimum of 3 months.
This role is 18 volunteer hours per week (in exchange for twin-share accommodation), and an additional 6 paid hours each week at $16.50 per hour.
You will require to have a valid NZ work visa
Due to the continuity of the work we ask you to stay a minimum of 3 month
18 volunteers hours per week