This is a full time role, working in a dynamic environment, as we have a mix of permanent residents and retreats requiring accommodation and catering for the duration, so a variety of experience in different accounting environments and adaptability would be preferable.
– Great attention to detail
– Able to interpret data and present in a clear and concise format
– Is committed to the success of Kawai Purapura and the fulfilment of its Mission, Vision and Values
– Always represents Kawai Purapura and the people that work there in a positive and professional manner
– Highly proficient mathematical skills
– Outstanding interpretation and reporting skills
– Excellent organisational skills
– Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite and other) with advanced skill in Excel
– Outstanding communication skills
– An ability to inspire and motivate a team
– Excellent time management and an ability to multi task
Experience & Qualifications
– Have experience with Xero and Smart Payroll
– Have worked in accounting at a senior level for a minimum of 3-years
– Have worked in a situation that requires excellent communication and management skills
– A role where the need for exemplary organisation has been demonstrated
– Bachelor in Accountancy or equivalent accounting qualification
Role and Function
– Generation of all financial information to inform financial decisions and Strategic Planning
– Implement all strategies as set out in the annual Strategic Plan from a financial perspective
– Prepare annual budgets to reflect the Strategic Plan
– Maintain the profitability and viability of the Trust in conjunction with the General Manager
– Provide two forecasts to budget; July and November
– Identify capital expenditure within annual budgets and CAPEX plan for replacement
– Preparation and presentation to the Trustees of a rolling 3-year maintenance programme including estimated costs
– Oversee and manage all financial reporting to the General Manager and Management team
– Provide meaningful and robust information, analysis and commentary through a variety of reports to ensure the viability of the College including:
– Actual P&L to budget, year on year and forecast (monthly)
– Spend by department and faculty to budget (monthly)
– Update on Buildings and Maintenance (monthly)
– Asset register (annually)
– Cash flow
– Oversee preparation and filing of financial reports as required by the Charities Commission and other Government entities
– Handle all credit card payments and credit card account reconciliation
– Prepare and submit GST returns
– Prepare and submit Paye returns
– Maintain accounts in a manner that can be audited at any time
– Ensure accounts are finalised so that they are ready to be presented at the Trustees meeting one month after the close of the previous month
– Implement effective debtors system and ensure that no tenant debts incurred.
– Cash and Bank receipts and payments to be input to Xero
– Cash reconciliations for Reception and petty cash
– All bank account reconciliations and prepare banking
– Issue invoices and process refunds
– Manage Xero including issuing of order numbers, reconcile bank statements, prepare weekly and monthly creditors, upload fastnet, and cheque payments to relevant accounts
– Manage outstanding debts and problem debtors
– Collect all employee timesheets and process payroll on fortnightly basis
– Prepare profit and loss of the various retreat events and festivals, retreat activity and yoga teacher training programmes
– Prepare residential tenant aged analysis and outline outstanding debt recovery action plan
– Prepare retreat venue hire, accommodation and catering aged analysis and outline debt recovery action plan
– Prepare Yoga teacher training aged analysis and outline debt recovery action plan
– Reconcile trade creditors and prepare monthly payments listing and action payment
– Ensure effective front of house (reception) administration systems implemented.
– Ensure staffing of reception by suitable long term wwoofers, including advertising, interviewing and training.
– Responsibility for overseeing all aspects of wwoofer and volunteer management
– Health and Safety Officer for the Trust.
Tasks include but are not limited to : holding and recording monthly meetings; maintaining hazards and accident registers; ensuring fire drills and fire extinguisher checks; stocking first aid and evacuation kits; arranging annual building ‘Warrant of Fitness’ – update Health and Safety Manual and processes.
– Purchasing of Trust resources as required
– Oversee IT management including the maintenance of all computers, hardware, software and photocopiers.
– Oversee book purchases and arrange annual stocktake.
– Statistics and management reports as required
– Oversee development and operation of efficient business systems
– Work closely with all Management team members
– Arrange and conduct annual financial audit with external Chartered Accountants
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency and a valid NZ work visa.
Please submit your application with covering letter and CV via email to Savitri Cottingham – email@example.com or call ph 027 221 4656 for further information.
Start date: asap