Our wonderful Volunteer Coordinator is leaving us to go and explore Australia and therefore we’re on the lookout for someone equally as fabulous to fill her shoes.
As the Volunteer Coordinator, you are the person who oversees of all our Kawai Purapura volunteers – from the initial applications, through to arranging accommodation and putting together the work roster. This role requires a competent person who is bubbly, personable and professional. A great multi-tasker, you’re someone who can juggle many things at once, often last minute and always with a smile.
- Recruitment of volunteers, reviewing applications and being the first point of contact for any questions
- Creating a daily job schedule and allocating volunteers to their individuals roles and responsibilities
- Organising and coordinating all arrivals and departures and volunteer accommodation
- Leading the weekly volunteers meeting
- Dealing with any issues or questions
- Various administrative/office tasks
Our Volunteer Coordinator plays a crucial part in the smooth running of the whole organisation as we heavily rely upon and value all of our volunteers and want to ensure everyone has an amazing experience here at Kawai Purapura.
18 volunteer hours per week in exchange for free accommodation, plus an additional 12 hours per week paid at $20 per hour.
Due to the nature of this role, we ask for a minimum commitment of three months, starting ASAP to allow for a thorough handover.
We require you to have a valid visa allowing you to work in New Zealand. Working Holiday Visas are okay.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to Dannie on email@example.com