After popular demand, the New Ovio Certified Mindful Kids Coach training is here.
This training will equip you with the skills, understanding and materials to teach mindfulness to children that you live or work with.
The kids course is designed for children 4-12 years old, using fun, simple and engaging exercises that enable kids to sustain attention, regulate behaviour, make good choices and form healthy relationships.
Who is the training for?
• Teachers who want to teach mindfulness skills to children, to embed these crucial life skills and create a more manageable and enjoyable classroom environment.
•Parents who wish to help their children and create a harmonious and happy home for the family.
• Ovio Accredited Mindfulness Facilitators who want to add the Mindful kids course to their existing offering.
• Wellness professionals such as coaches, counsellors, yoga teachers who would like to add integrate kids mindfulness training or classes to their offering.
• Note that to teach Ovio Mindful Kids course commercially, you need to have first completed the Ovio Deep dive or teach mindfulness course.
What does this training involve?
• 4 hour in person course
• Learn key mindfulness concepts and how to guide children with simple fun activities and exercises to help with everyday dramas as well as creating empowering futures.
What does the training include?
• Coaching resources: Ovio Mindful Kids card deck.
• Lifetime access to training videos and audio content. (value $125)
• Ongoing support from the Ovio Mindful community.
• Ovio Mindful Kids Coach certificate.
What kids are saying:
“I was always getting told off for not paying attention…Ovio Mindfulness taught me how to pay attention.”
“Now when I feel angry I can stop and breathe before I do something stupid.”
“I find it easier to make friends”
“Sometimes my parents argue and I show them how mindfulness can help”
“I was losing my tennis match so badly that I stopped and did a mindfulness exercise so I could clear my mind. I went on to win the game.”
“Now when I get anxious I know why. Sometimes I look at my mindful jar or focus on my breathing and it’s not such a big deal anymore.”
“When I am angry, I ground myself and it calms me down.”
“Being grateful makes me feel happier about my life”
Words from Jenny Williams, Principal Samuel Marsden Collegiate.
“In 2015 we had the privilege of introducing Mindfulness to the students through the excellent leadership of Cheryl Strawbridge. She was able to connect with students of all ages and presented the concepts in an accessible and understanding manner. Cheryl also presented very successfully to a group of parents and daughters, many of whom have followed up further with her. I unreservedly commend Cheryl and her Mindfulness programs to you and am happy to speak further if requested.”
Visit our website to find out more ovio.co.nz
• Are there minimum age requirement to enter the event?
• This course is for people 18 years of age and over.
• What’s the refund and transfer policy?
• We offer full refunds or transfers up to one week before this course starts.
• If you attend the full courses and feel you have not got value, you are entitled to a full refund.
• We do not offer refunds if you do not attend the full course.
• What happens if I miss a session?
You will be able to catch up by watching the training videos.
A note on mental health care.
There is evidence that regular mindfulness practices can reduce stress and anxiety. At Ovio we believe in an integrated approach to healthcare, if you or someone you care for has severe or clinical depression, it is important that you seek the advice of a healthcare professional.
For more information: Visit NZ Mental Health Foundation: https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/